Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Big Baby

I was asked by three separate people to make a 3D Child of Alara before I finally agreed to do so.  The primary reason I avoided it was because I couldn't figure out how to make the rock/dust cloud look good. I eventually figured out something I was happy with (and as usual, it looks much better in person than in these pictures) but I still shy away from clouds and mist in general.
This was the first 3D card I made that I bought a $5 pen specifically for (the most recent being Arcanis the Omnipotent). To edge the Child and the lines of energy I needed a flesh-colored pen because anything darker would have interfered with the color composition of the artwork.
Normally I post on Monday/Wednesday/Friday but because of a discussion in the comments of my most recent article on GatheringMagic.com, I decided to put this one up early so I could link to it. No new post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment