Monday, April 25, 2011

Lemurs? Is that all? Finally, something harmless.

Though Norin the Wary was my 2nd EDH deck, I didn't finish making a 3-D version until recently. The construction was very different from most 3-D cards I've made, as the art is hard to break into traditional layers. Everything is bent and curved to cross layers and make 3-D work with the perspective of the art: the ground is bent back, the main wall is curved back, and Norin leans forward, his torch reaching beyond the top layer (at least when the card isn't in a case).
I included this side shot to aid make it easier to understand how this one was constructed. From the side it looks like the back layers must be very easily visible all the time, but in person the card looks great and that's not an issue. The only real problem is that I don't have a Beta Jade Statue for my Norin deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment