Tuesday, October 25, 2011

As Bad as Advertised

Back in the day, this was one of my favorite cards. Stealing effects of any type seemed insanely powerful to me. I was very happy when I was contacted to make this for someone whose love for the card was stronger than mine.
Of course, it turns out in practice that The Wretched's ability never triggers; he's either an unblockable 2 power for 5 mana (blah), gets blocked by a chump who's dead before he can steal it, or gets blocked by something that can kill it so it's not around to steal anything. That didn't stop me from dreaming up scenarios involving Lure and Regeneration.
This 3D was the first one I made after I bought pottery tools to help with shaping individual pieces, so it has a lot of curve in the body parts and wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment